Sweet Potato in Orange Skins
Serving Size: Serves 6
1. Make orange cups by cutting oranges into halves and taking out pulp, leaving skin intact.
2. Boil potatoes with ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt and enough water to cover.
3. Mash potatoes while still warm and add Nutmeg, orange rind, margarine, cinnamon and eggs.
4. Add enough orange juice to make mixture of piping consistency.
5. Using a rose tip in a piping bag, pipe potato mixture into orange skins.
6 Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350° F until potato is cooked through.
7 Serve hot
« Go Back
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. orange rind
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 Oranges